CNC files for Homag BHX 050 and Biesse Rover Gold|Forum|WOOD DESIGNER

Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
CNC files for Homag BHX 050 and Biesse Rover Gold
Ness
Forum Posts: 1939
Subscriber Since:
October 4, 2012
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 29, 2016 - 8:15 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Antony,

The kerf space is just a parameter in Optinest and can be set to any value as necessary.

kerf-space.pngImage Enlarger

Polyboard will output the machine files and bar codes for each machined face. All the machine operations can be selected and set up separately so it’s easy to choose which operations will be executed or not.

It’s also simple to select the files that you want nested and the files you want to send to the saw.

Each label can be set up with the data you want. So  the same referrence or serial number will appear on labels printed from Polyboard and Optinest . In fact Optinest will print the labels in the nested order so there is no problem for sorting parts and finding the correct labes it’s all automatic.

As I’ve said labels can be set up as necessary so you can print with brand name, project names, parts names and anything you want, whether it be data from Polyboard of data you add manually.

Hope this is helpful,

All the best,

Ness

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
August 24, 2016 - 10:06 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Ness

Thank you for the info. I have the following clarifications…

1. It looks like the kerf (the space between the panels) are about 22mm. Is this purposefully kept as our tool thickness is planned as 12mm. Kindly explain
  2. We are hoping to finish all the machining in the nesting itself and with your hardware we wish to achieve it. However in the event of a few panels needing it we might need the machining files barcode to be printed in it. I hope that the parts labels with the bar-code printed are the only ones need the edge drilling and the file have the info of only edge drilling and not the top drilling.
  3. We intend to separate the parts with machining and without machining in the initial stage and allow the parts with machining to be processed in the CNC and the ones without machining to be processed in a panel saw. How do you think we can achieve that.
  4. Is there a serial no in the labels and a reference in the nested file so that we can relate and put the right label in the right part.
  5. Is there a better way to name the parts. Like Project name separately, Cabinet name separately, and part name separately. We also would like to have our brand name mentioned in the Labels. Material name and dimensions will help too. Customer name would also help. ( Customer – Project (room) – Cabinet – part )
Ness
Subscriber Since:
October 4, 2012
August 24, 2016 - 6:25 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello Antony,

I have created the nested output from your project using the templates that one of our main suppliers use everyday on their Beisse nesting machine.

These files have been set up in collaboration with Biesse France and are configured for his specific machine so they will not necessarily work as they are for your machine. 

You will find in the compressed file:

– the CIX machine files per part. these can be used for edge drilling or direct input into Bnest.

– DXF files per part

– The nested parts from Optinest in DXF format setup for automatic input into Bsolid. (Use DXF technological import function)

– the labels with bar codes for machine part by part which include the edge drilling.

Please note that all these different files are only example files, they are not yet set up specifically for your machine and work flow. This will have to be done when you have your machine and we can see the exact configuration.

In all events, I would strongly suggest that you do most machining in the nesting and try avoid edge drilling if possible.

Our new hardware should be available in October and will allow you to use minifix without edge drilling.

Hope this is helpful,

All the best,

Ness

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
August 17, 2016 - 1:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
For some reason, the attachment can’t be seen

Hi,

I’m enclosing a project for which I request you to give the Nesting files with all machining details for the vertical drilling and the cnc files for edge drilling in CIX format and labels with the barcode for the edge drilling programmes. The programmes should be compatible to Biesse Rover S in panel sizes 2440mm x 1220mm

I appreciate your early reply if Stefan can do it earlier (if possible winksmile)

August 17, 2016 - 1:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi,

I’m enclosing a project for which I request you to give the Nesting files with all machining details for the vertical drilling and the cnc files for edge drilling in CIX format and labels with the barcode for the edge drilling programmes. The programmes should be compatible to Biesse Rover S in panel sizes 2440mm x 1220mm

I appreciate your early reply if Stefan can do it earlier (if possible winksmile)

Ness
Subscriber Since:
October 4, 2012
August 16, 2016 - 11:45 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Antony,

We have many clients with using the Biesse machine and Optinest.

In this way the labels can be printed in the correct order with all the bar codes for referencing the machining files.

However, I’m actually away from the office for the next few days.

I’ll send you some example files as soon as I get back, probably next Monday.

Sorry for the delay…

best regards,

Ness

August 16, 2016 - 6:30 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi,

We have finalized on the CNC Machine and decided to go for Biesse Rover S nesting solution.

It comes with the B Nest software to optimize the panels. However if I have to use optinest i need to see how it works. I tried to download the demo version but it is not giving the labels. Can I please have a set of demo labels and your guide to how to fix it as soon as the panel is out of the Machine. (The machine we are purchasing comes with automatic unloading of panels). As we will be printing the labels offline. The label should have a barcode for the edge drilling cid file too.

Biesse needs the Nested output in CID file format as the DXF file you shared is just the picture representation without any machining details.

Thanks 

Antony S Brighton

Ness
Subscriber Since:
October 4, 2012
July 31, 2016 - 10:57 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Antony,

No problem to include you in Beta testing of our new hardware accessory.

We are setting up the first protypes so Beta testing will probably begin in October.

You can use tongue and groove but this means having to glue-assemble cabinets before delivery.

Gluing can be messy and time consuming and can make transport and delivery much more complicated.

This can be OK for small kitchen units but the bigger units as well as projects like, closets, wardrobes, etc its necessary to glue and clamp on site, which although it can be done, but I would strongly advise against if possible.

Sheet materials used for nested manufacturing will depend on 2 parameters, finished required and price.

The cheapest solution are pre-finished particle boards, the advantages are:

•  cheap
  • fast to manufacture
  • easily available
  • easy to find matching edge banding.

The disadvantages are:

• the most fragile 
  • not possible to create shapes and mouldings
  • limited to manufacturer’s range of finishing

MDF panels are less fragile and have the advantages :

• less fragile than particle panels
  • can be moulded 
  • can be painted to create personalized finishings

Plywood is much stronger but  much more expensive. It’s other disadvantages are that you can’t simply shape edging and it needs to be finished, veneered, painted or varnished etc.

A good material for high end solid wood is 3 ply. In france we have clients that offer very high end products made exclusively in varnished 3 ply. It’s a very tough material and has the super advantage of being real solid wood. It can also be edge moulded and painted.

You might like to read my ebook on materials in the eBook library here:

https://wooddesigner.org/membe…..eral/core/

All the best,

Ness

July 30, 2016 - 9:28 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Ness,

We’re totally interested in the hardware accessory you are developing for minifix without edge drilling and would like to included in beta.

Meanwhile do you to using groove and tongue will be good way to manufacture kitchen and wardrobe cabinets ?? would that be strong and easy to produce and assemble? 

We use Plywood, MDF and Particle board. Also suggest the best material apart from solid wood panels.

Thanks in advance

Ness
Subscriber Since:
October 4, 2012
July 28, 2016 - 2:08 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Dean,

No problem we’ll send you some samples when we get our first batched manufactured.

We’d love to use you as a beta tester …

All the best,

Ness

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 256
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 30
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Ness: 1939
Tom Cleaver: 162
mark nichols: 160
brendan kavanagh: 136
Conor Devoy: 132
Duayne Naugle: 130
Stu Robertson: 104
Zaheer Abbas: 86
Robert Coxhead: 63
Patrick Maylor: 60
Newest Members:
Keith Shelley
Kate Polak
zorsim
Janio Soares
Kitchen Jockey
pg_panel7
hadialnajjar
Isaac
butnariu daniela
Yosi Siboni
Forum Stats:
Groups: 2
Forums: 7
Topics: 2099

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 4
Members: 260
Moderators: 0
Admins: 11
Administrators: Stefan, Michel, Carole, Alex, admin, Laly, ipatrick, Crystal, Fatima, Darren, Isaac