Installation error 1:00000005 |Forum|WOOD DESIGNER

Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Installation error 1:00000005
Stefan

Forum Posts: 918
Subscriber Since:
November 8, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 14, 2018 - 7:56 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

No problem, glad you got it working…

September 13, 2018 - 10:23 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The anti-virus was the hang-up.  I thought I had deactivated, but since it is controlled by our administrator, he had to approve the bypass I had requested.

Thank you for your help.

Stefan

Subscriber Since:
November 8, 2013
September 13, 2018 - 4:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Hi Tom, the other course of action is to de-activate the anti-virus during the install, or if you prefer and it’s possible, specify the Uninstall.exe file as a false positive. Some virus protection software is a bit over zealous, and picks up these kind of .exe files as harmful. I know you said you tried without the anti-virus, could you confirm that it was definitely off, perhaps it was Windows Defender if not an add on protection software? Thanks

September 13, 2018 - 3:05 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am installing as the administrator and sole user on this computer.  My user settings list me as administrator. So, not sure what is handing it up.

Stefan

Subscriber Since:
November 8, 2013
September 13, 2018 - 2:56 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Tom, this error message is usually caused if you do not have the permissions to write in this location.

Can you please log in with administrative rights or ask your admin to do this, and it should install without a problem.

Please let us know how you get on.

September 13, 2018 - 2:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

I have downloaded the trial version and get the notice installation failed (Error Code 1:00000005).  The installer stops with the file /polyboard 6/Uninstall.ext … Failed.  I have tried installing without my virus protection running, but it still failed at the same point.

Though the PolyBoard 6 folder has been created, there are no files present in the folder at the point of failure.

PolyBoard-Install-Failure.JPGImage Enlarger

Windows 10, Version 1803 running on a Dell XPS 13, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 chip set, 64 bit

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 256
Currently Online: Alex, Luke Maendel
Guest(s) 17
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Tom Cleaver: 162
mark nichols: 160
brendan kavanagh: 136
Conor Devoy: 132
Duayne Naugle: 129
Stu Robertson: 104
Zaheer Abbas: 86
Robert Coxhead: 63
Ray: 59
Patrick Maylor: 57
Newest Members:
pg_panel7
hadialnajjar
Isaac
butnariu daniela
Yosi Siboni
dziekan
AKM
Garyh
niharbu
Daniel Jones
Forum Stats:
Groups: 2
Forums: 7
Topics: 2075

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 4
Members: 254
Moderators: 0
Admins: 12
Administrators: Ness, Stefan, Michel, Carole, Alex, admin, Laly, ipatrick, Crystal, Fatima, Darren, Isaac