Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Wood Designer Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 36 Belle Vue Road, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 1JG. Our company registration number is 8775058. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- You agree that Wood Designer Ltd can use any information or materials you upload or in any other way add to this website for marketing and promotional purposes. This will not otherwise be for distribution.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Orders and Offers
To activate purchased software, we need to receive a user code from the free/demo version of your software. If this code is not received within 1 month of purchase, an additional fee may be applied.
Discounts when you buy more than one software at the same time do not apply to software upgrades.
Where applicable, your 1 hour set up service must be booked and take place within 1 month of the date of payment for your order, or be subject to a charge or expiration.
To access offers of Premium Support free of charge then discounted thereafter you must process the subscription through your PayPal account. No charge will be taken over the course of the free period. If you do not want to pay for your subscription at the discounted rate after the free period, you must cancel your subscription in PayPal before the end of the free period.
Complementary services that may come with your order like the 1 hour set up service and access to Premium Support do not apply to 2nd and all subsequent licences and upgrades.
Each online training pack must be completed within 2 months of your order or completion of the previous training pack, or be subject to an additional fee or expiration.
Please notify us if you are unable to attend your training session and would like to rearrange it. If you do not attend without providing a minimum of 24 hours notice, at our discretion your session will be forfeit and you will not be able to rebook it at a later date.
Polyboard and StairDesigner library set up packs - we focus on working with you to set up the assembly details and if relevant hardware that you commonly use. We are not necessarily able to set up every manufacturing method that you use or may use. We will show you how to create new methods and hardware so you can create these yourself if you wish to. We also offer a free of charge Premium Support subscription for 2 month, then discounted by 50% for the lifetime of the subscription, so you can get further advice if required.
Unless otherwise stated, for all offers of free Premium Support the time period starts from the date you pay for your order. When we process your order, we will send you a password to access a page to sign up for this free service. The password expires after a minimum of 1 day of us sending you the password, so you must sign up immediately to guarantee use of this service.
Offers, for example for free of charge Premium Support, cannot be used in conjunction with another offer.
First activation of your software
Following payment, and so we are able to activate your software, you must send us via email or via our contact form the user code of the demo/free version of the software installed on your computer. We will then process this code and send you back an activation code to unlock the full set of features for the applicable version.
If we do not receive the user code within 1 month of purchase, an additional fee may be applied. We provide activation support to all active Premium Support subscribers.
Please go to our FAQs page for details of the activation process.
Reactivation of your software
If you would like to move your software to a new computer, you will need to uninstall the software on your current computer. Once we've received the uninstall code that is part of this process, we will issue you with an activation code for the software on your new computer. Important: go to our FAQs page for information on how to do this.
Periodically we launch a major update of our software e.g. from Polyboard 6 to 7. Software licences do not expire. However we only offer the reactivation service to customers who have an active Premium Support subscription and who own the current version of the software, and to those using the preceding version providing it was purchased within 2 years of the release of the latest version.
Software technical support
Support is available to all active Premium Support subscribers. This support is via our technical forums and if we are unable to help you on the forums, via mini screen sharing sessions (15 minutes maximum each) to look at a specific issue you have raised. A Premium Support offer is included with all software orders. Additional paid 1-2-1 training and support is also available and may include screen sharing sessions, telephone and email support.
We do not offer refunds. Please download and test the free/demo versions of our software before ordering or signing up for Premium Support. We also offer free online demonstrations before you buy, available on request.
Moving your software to a new computer
You will need to uninstall the software on your current computer. Once we've received the uninstall code that is a part of this process, we will be able to issue you with an activation code for the software on your new computer. Please go to our FAQs page for information on how to do this. Please note, when we launch a new version of our software e.g. Polyboard 7, we offer this reactivation service for the current version, and for the preceding version for a period of 2 years. This service is not available for older versions of the software.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
Wood Designer Ltd is VAT registered in the United Kingdom (UK). Our registration number is GB181 7591 82.
Purchases made by residents of countries outside the European Union are not subject to VAT.
Residents of countries that are members of the European Union will be charged VAT at the current UK rate at time of purchase for all non-digital services.
Residents of countries that are members of the European Union will be charged VAT at the applicable rate set by their country of residence at time of purchase for all digital services.
VAT registered businesses outside the UK but based inside the European Union can request to pay without the VAT being applied. On receipt and verification of your VAT number and company details, we will issue you with a zero rated VAT invoice on all one-off purchases.
This does not apply to monthly support subscriptions due to the associated administrative costs. We are however able to offer an annual subscription exclusive of VAT for qualifying businesses. Please contact us for details.
Payment options include